All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work aims to provide new introduction to the particle swarm optimization methods using a formal analogy with physical systems. By postulating that the swarm motion behaves similar to both classical and quantum particles, we establish a direct connection between what are usually assumed to be separate fields of study, optimization and physics. Within this framework, it becomes quite natural to derive the recently introduced quantum PSO algorithm from the Hamiltonian or the Lagrangian of the dynamical system. The physical theory of the PSO is used to suggest some improvements in the algorithm itself, like temperature acceleration techniques and the periodic boundary condition. At the end, we provide a parama of applications demonstrating the power of the PSO, classical and quantum, in handling difficult engineering problems. The goal of this work is to provide a general multi-disciplinary view on various topics in physics, mathematics, and engineering by illustrating their interdependence within the unified framework of the swarm dynamics.
- Author(s)Ahmed A. Kishk,Said M. Mikki
- PublisherMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- Series TitleSynthesis Lectures on Computational Electromagnetics S.
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Series Edited byConstantine A. Balanis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.