All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to multi-messenger astrophysics. It covers the many different aspects connecting particle physics with astrophysics and cosmology and introduces astrophysics using numerous experimental findings recently obtained through the study of high-energy particles. Taking a systematic approach, it comprehensively presents experimental aspects from the most advanced laboratories and detectors, as well as the theoretical background. The book is aimed at graduate students and post-graduate researchers with a basic understanding of particle and nuclear physics. It will also be of interest to particle physicists working in accelerator/collider physics who are keen to understand the mechanisms of the largest accelerators in the Universe. The book draws on the extensive lecturing experience of Professor Maurizio Spurio from the University of Bologna.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Spurio is a Professor of Physics at the University of Bologna where he teaches Particle and Astroparticle physics. With his research he is involved in experimental physics, with particular interest in high-energy physics without particle accelerators and astroparticle physics. He was member of the MACRO experiment at Gran Sasso underground laboratory, which provided a deep study of the penetrating component of the cosmic radiation including the observation of atmospheric neutrino oscillations. Since 2001 he is member of the ANTARES experiment (the first neutrino telescope in the sea), currently in charge as deputy spokesperson. Professor Spurio has already co-authored/edited 4 Springer books.
- Author(s)Maurizio Spurio
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note141 black & white illustrations, 49 colour illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight991 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.