All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the papers and discussions from the symposium, PARTICU LATE CARBON: Atmospheric Life Cycle, held at the General Motors Research Laboratories on October 13-14, 1980. This symposium, which focused on atmospheric particulate elemental carbon, or soot, was the twenty-fifth in this series sponsored by the General Motors Research Laboratories. The present symposium volume contains discussions of the following aspects of particulate elemental carbon (EC): the atmos pheric life cycle of EC including sources, sinks, and transport processes, the role of EC in atmospheric chemistry and optics, the possible role of EC in altering climate, and measurement techniques as well as ambient concentrations in urban, rural, and remote areas. Previous symposia have covered a wide range of scientific and engineering subjects. Topics are selected because they are new or represent rapidly changing fields and are of significant technical importance. It is ironic that the study of particulate elemental carbon or soot should meet the above criteria for selection because soot, especially from coal and wood combustion, has been a recognized air pollutant for centuries. However, since the 1950s, when intense efforts to study air pollution were initiated, to until a few years ago, the role of elemental carbon in the atmosphere was largely igred. The major reason for this was the lack of a suitable measurement technique.
- Date of Publication06/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight730 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGeorge T Wolff
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.