All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn this rich and broad-ranging volume, Giovanni Sartori outlines what is w recognised to be the most comprehensive and authoritative approach to the classification of party systems. He also offers an extensive review of the concept and rationale of the political party, and develops a sharp critique of various spatial models of party competition. This is political science at its best - combining the intelligent use of theory with sophisticated analytic arguments, and grounding all of this on a substantial cross-national empirical base. Parties and Party Systems is one of the classics of postwar political science, and is w established as the foremost work in its field.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Sartori was born in Florence, Italy, in 1924, and was appointed Professor of Political Science at the University of Florence in 1963. He has been a visiting Professor in Harvard and Yale, and in 1976 he succeeded Gabriel Almond as Professor of Political Science in Stanford. In 1979 he was appointed Albert Schweitzer Professor in the Humanities at Columbia University, New York, where he is now Professor Emeritus. Giovanni Sartori is the author of numerous books across a wide range of fields in political theory and comparative politics, including Parties and Party Systems (1976), The Theory of Democracy Revisited (2 volumes, 1990), and Comparative Constitutional Engineering (2nd ed., 1997). His most recent books are Homo Videns (2nd ed., 2000), Pluralismo, Multiculturalismo, Estranei (2nd ed., 2002), and Mala Tempora (2004), which has been a bestseller in Italy. In 2005, Parties and Party Systems was also published in a Chinese translation.
- Author(s)Giovanni Sartori
- PublisherECPR Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleECPR Classics
- Place of PublicationColchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintECPR Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.