All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book that's long overdue: One that provides information that has never before been published, compiled or analyzed in a way that's designed to help fighters. This is a guide to the science of kicking and punching that can settle the debates about which techniques are the most effective and why. It will help a fighter to fight, an instructor to teach and martial artists to advance by working things out for themselves. There is magic involved in the martial arts. The force and power that is displayed by an expert fighter is the consequence of rigorous training in the accurate application of physical laws. Understanding how to use these laws of physics to create massive impact forces will provide a personal insight into the practice of correct technique and form. This unique piece of work will act as a technical reference that provides the facts and figures that fighters seek, including records of the maximum force and speed achieved by some of the best present day warriors, helping to answer many of the most difficult questions in the martial arts.
- Author BiographyGrenville Harrop is a Master of Science and Fourth-Dan Shotokan Karate-ka who is privileged to have spent over thirty years training and teaching with many of the world's best instructors and fighters.
- Author(s)MR Grenville Harrop
- PublisherDark Matter Books
- Date of Publication11/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Matter Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRebecca Harrop
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.