All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQ: Where did the meteorologist stop for a drink on the way home from a long day at work? A: The nearest isobar! Q: What's the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny? A: It's never partly sunny at night! Q: Do you kw what they call people who believe in letting a smile be their umbrella? A: Wet! When rain falls on a wedding or graduation yet the day is clear everywhere else, or when unexpected sunshine makes a laughingstock out of a prediction of a stormy day, it is good to keep a sense of humor about the weather. Thankfully there are a wealth of weather jokes to tickle the funny bone of anyone who makes a hobby or career out of weather watching. Partly to Mostly Funny revels in puns, wordplay, and cartoons that take a lighter look at weather, climate, and the life of a meteorologist. They will evoke lighthearted chuckles from professionals, cheering up those who must keep their eyes trained on sometimes darkening skies, and will delight the rest of us with the sillier side of weather.
- Author BiographyJon Malay is a senior executive at Lockheed Martin Corporation's Washington Operations. He is a fellow of the American Meteorological Society and recently served as its president. Norm Dvoskin is a longtime professional member of the AMS and a broadcast meteorologist on Long Island, New York.
- PublisherAmerican Meteorological Society
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Meteorological Society
- Content Note10 line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width132 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJon Malay
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.