All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ability to create and sustain partnerships is a skill and a strategic capacity that utilizes the strengths and offsets the weaknesses of each actor. Partnerships between the public and private sectors allow each to enjoy the benefits of the other: the public sector benefits from increased entrepreneurship and the private sector utilizes public authority and processes to achieve ecomic and community revitalization. Partnership Governance in Public Management describes what partnership is in the public sector, as well as how it is managed, measured, and evaluated. Both a theoretical and practical text, this book is a what, why, and how examination of a key function of public management. Examining governing capacity, community building, downtown revitalization, and partnership governance through the lens of formalized public-private partnerships - specifically, how these partnerships are understood and sustained in our society - this book is essential reading for students and practitioners with an interest in partnership governance and public administration and management more broadly. Chapters explore partnering techlogies as a way to bridge sectors, to produce results and a new sense of public purpose, and to form a stable foundation for governance to flourish.
- Author BiographySeth A. Grossman is the Executive Director of the Ironbound Business Improvement District (IBID) in Newark, New Jersey, and President of Cooperative Professional Services, a consultancy that provides research, planning, and management services to Business Improvement Districts (BIDs). He designed and directs the Rutgers University National Center of Public Performance Online Business Improvement District Management Certification Program. Marc Holzer is Dean of the School of Public Affairs and Administration, and Board of Governors Professor of Public Affairs and Administration at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration and of the World Academy of Productivity Science. Since 1975 he has directed the National Center for Public Performance, and he is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the journals Public Performance and Management Review and Public Voices.
- Author(s)Marc Holzer,Seth A. Grossman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleThe Public Solutions Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight639 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.