Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that the new actors in global health constitute a 'private turn' in global health governance, and provides theoretical and practical grounds for viewing global health partnerships and philanthropic foundations as closely aligned in their ideational and material approaches to a range of important issues and crises.
- Author BiographyAMY BARNES is a PhD researcher in the Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, UK. SONJA BARTSCH is Senior Research Fellow at the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies in Hamburg. GARRETT WALLACE BROWN is Senior Lecturer in Global Political Theory and Global Ethics in the Department of Politics, University of Sheffield, UK. TODD FAUBION is a health geographer whose research focuses on the political economy of treatment access for people living with HIV/AIDS in South Africa. BRIGITTE HAMM is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for Development and Peace (INEF) at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. REBECCA HANLIN is Lecturer in Development Policy and Practice at the Open University, UK, and Director of Health Innovation at the ESRC Innogen Centre, UK. ELENA HESSELMANN studies Political Science at the University of Munster, Germany. PETER S. HILL is a public health physician and academic at the School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Australia. DAVID MCCOY is a doctor and public health specialist at the National Health Service and University College London, UK. LINSEY MCGOEY is Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Essex, UK. MICHAEL MORAN is Researcher at the Asia-Pacific Centre for Social Investment and Philanthropy at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. SARAH PAIGE is Medical Geographer at the University of Washington, USA. AMBER L. PEARSON is Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Washington, USA. CORNELIA ULBERT is Executive Director of the Institute for Development and Peace (INEF) at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. JEREMY YOUDE is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Minnesota Duluth, USA.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleInternational Political Economy Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byOwain David Williams,Simon Rushton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.