All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParts are commonly used in making, repairing or maintaining consumer or industry products. Parts could be purchased or manufactured by a business enterprise. Advance models were applied to parts operations for manufacturers of transport refrigeration equipment and high-pressure positive displacement plunger pumps. Both companies have an established network of dealers for sales and service of equipment and parts. A number of areas in the parts business operation were researched which show the potential for improved operational efficiency and customer service that increase market share when advanced process models were used to integrate the supply chain. This book covers the subject of parts management through: (1) an introduction to areas of parts business operation with potential for substantial improvements and overview of various models proposed in Chapter 1; (2) quantitative effects on customer service level of inventory miscount and lead time variability and methods to reduce these factors in Chapter 2; (3) optimal division of items based on ecomics within a two-level distribution system; which items should be serviced through dealers and which items directly by the company to end-customers in Chapters; (4) optimal ordering procedures for a multi-item common supplier system with either constant or random demand rates for various items in Chapter 4; Vll viii Parts Management Models and Applications (5) attribute based classification scheme to promote standardization of design and manufacturing techniques for expediting product development and control design proliferation in Chapters 5 and 6; (6) kwledge base management to enhance manufacturing operations effectiveness in Chapter 7;
- Author(s)Sameer Kumar
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.