All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIncrease profitability and reduce risk through effective parts selection and management. Corporations recognize that techlogy can be the key to fueling product design and development. But just as crucial - if t more - to a company's success are the decisions about when, what, and how a techlogy will be used. Few companies have failed because the right techlogy was t available; many have failed when a techlogy was t effectively selected and managed. Parts Selection and Management is a guide to increasing company profitability and reducing the time-to-profit through the efficient management of the process of parts selection and management. Taking an 'eyes-on, hands-off' approach to parts selection, this guidebook addresses risk-assessment, decision-making steps, and subsequent management activities.The book covers everything from methodologies for parts selection and management, product requirements and specifications, and manufacturer assessment procedures to ways to track part changes through the supply chain, reliability assessment, and environmental, legislative, and legal issues. Written by a seasoned professional, teacher, and author in the field, the book enables companies to: employ effective risk assessment and mitigation techniques; make an informed company-wide decision about parts selection and management; choose parts to fit the functionality of the product and other constraints Maximize system supportability by preparing for parts obsolescence; and, improve supply-chain interactions and communications with customers and regulatory agencies to minimize time-to-profit.Shedding light on a neglected but essential aspect of product development, Parts Selection and Management will give your organization the tools you need to avoid the risks associated with product use while promoting flexibility, invation, and creativity in your product development.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL G. PECHT received his MS in Electrical Engineering and PhD in Engineering Mechanics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Currently, he is a Chair Professor and the Director of the CALCE Electronic Products and Systems Center at the University of Maryland. He has written eighteen books and served as Chief Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Reliability for eight years and on the advisory board of IEEE Spectrum. He is currently the Chief Editor for Microelectronics Reliability International. He also serves as a consultant providing expertise to companies on strategic planning, design, and test and risk assessment of electronics products and systems.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width186 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichael Pecht
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.