Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes some brands stand out from the pack year after year? In a vast marketplace glutted with countless 'pretty good brands', how are some products able to command unquestionable customer loyalty and lasting enthusiasm? Veteran business strategist Kate Newlin defines the key ingredients that go into passion brands - brands that we recommend to friends wholeheartedly, with a joyous, even evangelical zeal. Passion brands inspire an emotional attachment. Unlike consumer fads, we become personally invested in them, sometimes even more so than we do with our friends and loved ones. Newlin identifies the social factors that have made passion brands the driving force in consumer marketing today. Based on proprietary research, which makes use of in-depth interviews with company executives as well as state-of-the-art analytics, she answers the following key questions: Are there common characteristics that enable passion brands to become carriers of personal meaning? What is the financial impact on a company that produces a passion brand? Do passion brands create a halo over the stock prices? She tes that in a world of almost unlimited consumer choices, the old rules of marketing just don't work anymore (product, package, position, price, and promotion). Now marketers must react to consumers in real time, encouraging 'brand democracy' in which users can help decide a product's characteristics, from size and colour to how it should be marketed. This book is must reading for entrepreneurs and denizens of corporate cubicles and boardrooms alike.
- Author BiographyKate Newlin (New York, NY), the principal and founder of Kate Newlin Consulting, is the author of Shopportunity! How to Be a Retail Revolutionary, which was on the Oprah Selects list of O magazine in 2006 and was also a recommended selection of the 2006 Harvard Business Review. With over 25 years of experience in business strategy and marketing, Newlin has worked with a broad cross-section of Fortune 500 businesses, including McDonald's, Pennzoil/Quaker State, Kraft, Hasbro, Cigna, GE Capital, Waldenbooks, LensCrafters, and others.
- Author(s)Kate Newlin
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication24/02/2009
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.