Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionPassion and Pain: Prose, Poems, Psalms, and Proverbs is about t only how the power of words helped a son find his dad through letters from prison, but also how author Stephen Hooks discovered his voice and himself through his own writing. He believes that writing with passion can facilitate healing the souls of males in urban communities and prisons by giving them a voice. He believes many men are crippled in their relationships by anger, bitterness, regret, doubt, and fear, but they might have better, more productive lives by writing and expressing their feelings in journals-a safe outlet for misunderstood emotions. The writings in Passion and Pain are from Stephen Hooks's personal journals, written over the course of fifteen years. From his longing for the right woman-his own soulsista to share his life with-to the reality of his father's life in prison, Hooks explores his own life-journey. As he shares the emotions of sitting on his grandmother's grave to talk with her six months after her death, the depth of his pain surfaces, giving us a window into his passion. A collection with a great deal of heart and soul, it bears witness to the vulnerability of a man pursuing a life well-lived.
- Author(s)Stephen E Hooks
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.