All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPassport to Academic Presentations Oral presentations have become an increasingly important feature of Higher Education; developing abilities in this area can be crucial for students' academic success. Passport to Academic Presentations aims to demystify the entire oral presentation process by examining each of the different stages in turn. No prior kwledge is assumed, and students are gradually introduced to a set of core language and skills, allowing them to tackle oral presentations in an academic context with increased confidence and fluency. A key feature of the course is its focus on transferability; students are encouraged to apply the material to their own specific subject areas throughout. Each unit also contains advice on pronunciation and tips for improving oral presentation delivery. The Student's Book comes with a free audio CD. Videos of the presentations and interactive exercises are also available free online at www.garneteducation.com/passport-video. Key Features * Audio CDs for further self-study and listening practice * Tips for successful presentations * Step-by-step coverage of the oral presentation process * Focus on key language and pronunciation areas * Online material includes extended learning through filmed presentations and interactive exercises
- Author BiographyDouglas Bell is the author of Passport to Academic Presentations and is currently employed as the Head of CELE (Centre for English Language Education) and Director of Year 1 programmes at the University of Nottingham-Ningbo, China. He has been actively involved in various aspects of both English language and modern foreign language teaching since the late 1980s and in addition to the UK and China, has worked extensively in Austria, Japan and Turkey. He has also carried out ELT consultancy work in the United States. Doug has research and materials writing interests in the teaching of English for specific purposes (particularly English for academic purposes) and in the effect of cross-cultural differences on international business communication. Along with an undergraduate degree in German and Italian and an advanced postgraduate certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, he holds postgraduate diploma qualifications in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Teaching English for Specific Purposes and Teacher Training. He also has a Masters degree in Teaching English for International Business.
- Author(s)Douglas Bell
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.