Passport to Profits: Why the Next Investment Windfalls Will be Found Abroad and How to Grab Your Share by Mark Mobius (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging market investment advice from a seasoned pro Mark Mobius, the man the Wall Street Journal has proclaimed the King of the Emerging Market Funds, spends eight months of the year traveling the globe in search of hidden market bargains overseas and in Passport to Profits: Why the Next Investment Windfalls Will be Found Abroad and How to Grab Your Share, Revised Edition, he shares what he's learned. In a globetrotting tour taking you from the Baltic coast to Brazil, Mobius reveals his own experience-tested guidelines for investing abroad. Analyzing companies and new markets, identifying potential pitfalls and overlooked values, crunching numbers and meeting the local players, he kws where true growth is, and with this book in hand, you will too. Presenting a straightforward, practical investment philosophy based on one key, indisputable fact: that the rest of the world's ecomies have far more potential for growth than our own, Passport to Profits shows even the most casual investor how to view investing abroad, how to devise a global investment strategy, and the pros and cons of buying individual stocks or mutual funds. The development of stock market infrastructures in emerging ecomies has opened up potential for impressive returns, and this book is your guide to cashing in. * Illustrates the four keys to determining if a country is investment-friendly and how to gauge political climates for great investment opportunities * Analyses the 2008 crisis and its implications for the development of the emerging financial markets * Explains the rules for investing abroad that too many investors fail to understand An adventurous and honest insight into the art of investing in emerging international markets, Passport to Profits provides the hands-on experience you need to balance the risks and reap the rewards of global investing, right from the comfort of your home.
- Author BiographyMark Mobius, Ph.D., Executive Chairman of Templeton Emerging Markets Group, currently directs analysts based in Templeton's 17 emerging markets offices and manages the emerging markets portfolios. Dr. Mobius has spent more than 40 years working in emerging markets all over the world. He joined Franklin Templeton Investments in 1987 as president of the Templeton Emerging Markets Fund, Inc. In 1999, he was appointed joint chairman of the Global Corporate Governance Forum Investor Responsibility Taskforce of the World Bank and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Awards include: (1) 50 Most Influential People by Bloomberg Markets Magazine in 2011, (2) 2010 Africa Investor Index Series Awards by African Investor, (3) Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year 2001 by International Money Marketing, (4) Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century in a survey by the Carson Group in 1999, (5) Number One Global Emerging Market Fund in the 1998 Reuters Survey, (6) 1994 First in Business Money Manager of the Year by CNBC, (7) Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year in 1993 by Morningstar and, (8) Investment Trust Manager of the Year 1992 by Sunday Telegraph. Dr. Mobius was also named by Asiamoney magazine in 2006 as one of their Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People. Asiamoney said, he ...boasts one of the highest profiles of any investor in the region and is regarded by many in the financial industry as one of the most successful emerging markets investors over the last 20 years. Despite tough times during the financial crisis nine years ago, he still commands a strong following in the investment world and is influencing the direction of billions of investment dollars. Dr. Mobius earned bachelor's and master's degrees from Boston University, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in economics and political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is the author of the books Trading with China, The Investor's Guide to Emerging Markets, Mobius on Emerging Market, Passport to Profits, Equities - An Introduction to the Core Concepts, Mutual Funds - An Introduction to the Core Concept, Foreign Exchange - An Introduction to the Core Concepts and Mark Mobius - An Illustrated Biography.
- Author(s)Mark Mobius
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.