All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn short fragments and understated language, three women brought together by the death of a family member offer insights into the moral and social climate of the last half of the 20th century in this book of prose poetry. Each woman recounts her own version of a shared history, revealing issues concerning family secrets, fears, needs, hopes, tensions about race and sexuality, dreams, and loves. The complexity and contexts of the behaviours, events, and perspectives are left for the reader to assess and interpret, and the experiences are connected by a powerful and engaging sense of immediacy and reality.
- Author BiographyJo-Anne Elder is a writer, translator and editor whose articles on translation and women have been widely published. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Sherbrooke in comparative Canadian literature.
- Author(s)Lynn Diamond
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight148 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byJo-Anne Elder
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.