All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPastors Move Over is a comparison of today's church government verses the first century model. The veil which was in the temple during the time of Christ seperated God from man. Only the high priest once a year could go behind the veil and enter into the Holy of Holies to perform his priestly duties. When Jesus was crucified on the cross that veil was torn in two, thus giving man direct access to God, t only for his (man's) salvation but also his individual priesthood. Unfortunately man has been RECONSTRUCTING THE VEIL by using the One Man (Pastor) church governmental system. As a result the organized church has become an effecient corporate machine with many resources. Yet the Church (body of believers) overall has become spiritually weak and feeble, passive and ineffective t kwing who they are in Christ or realizing that they too are kings and priests unto God. Pastors Move Over pleads with the professional minister to recognize and make room for the ministry of the common man or woman. College degrees and seminary training although I believe in education are substitute for the Spirit of God. May we open up that middle wall of partition once again and go back to the New Testament model of the elder led Church and true discipleship of new believers.
- Author BiographyGlen Newman has been a Christian believer since 1974 while he was serving in the US Navy. Upon his discharge Glen attended Seattle Bible College in the late 70's, later he served as youth pastor in Graham Tx and again in Georgetown TX. Glen with his late wife Juanita founded Covenant Life Fellowship and Heartland Bible Institute in Granbury Tx. After many years of prayer and reflection Glen has received a revelation for the 5 fold ministry and the elder led church to find it's place and operate within the modern local church body. His desire is that all believers find their gifts and callings and step from out of the shadows of the professionally trained minister.
- Author(s)Glen Newman
- Date of Publication11/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.