All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInitially conceived as a travel book, the spell of Patagonia carried the author along unexpected paths to experience intense adventures, magic and mysteries. It goes right to the heart of the history of the region and back to the origins and surprising changes that Patagonia, that land that has captivated humanity so much, has experienced. This work, a one of a kind, defies all classification. With a narrative rhythm that seizes you and a creativity that attempts to capture the spirit of Patagonia, Carlos Alberto Borinelli presents the reader with this captivating world.
- Author BiographyCarlos Alberto Borinelli was born in Sunchales in the Province of Santa Fe, Argentina. Son of an Argentine mother and an Italian immigrant father, he grew up and was educated in the provinces of Santa Fe and Cordoba. He left his home and went to live in the city of Buenos Aires to be near his girlfriend, and to work and study at the National University from where he graduated as a civil engineer. The young married couple then emigrated to the United States, returning six years later with two daughters and the desire to pay back the debt of their free professional education and at the invitation of a young private consulting firm to start in Argentina, as consulting engineer, an intense life of adventures, work, and fascination in Patagonia. He spent six years in the country and then traveled with his family for three more in the United States and South East Asia, where he completed an excelent professional experience. Hearing the call of his country once again, he returned to work on large professional projects in the northwest and then in other areas of Argentina. For many more years, he worked in Patagonia, land of mysteries and magic enviroment, a place which continued to fascinate him, turning him into a writer. He has been preparing this book for quite some time, first taking literature and writing classes with an excellent writer and professor, Paulina Moscichof, at the Argentine Society of Writers, and then writing poems, poetic prose and short stories. He took weakly personal classes for four years with Eduardo Gudino Kieffer, famous top argentine writer, and they with the time became friends. In that part of his life time he wrote short stories, tales, travel books. One of his short stories was chosen to be included in the 'Anthology of Argentine Short Stories, 2000', brought out by the Argentine Society of Writers. Unfortunately, Gudino Kieffer died unexpectedly in September, 2002. Eduardo was amazed as he followed and encouraged the accelerated progress of his disciple as he wrote this book. Here it is, to cautivate you: Patagonia - the Spell.
- Author(s)Carlos A Borinelli
- Date of Publication10/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated byEmmet Boland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.