All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionDestined from birth to inhabit two very different worlds - that of her father, the wealthy Joseph Sakavungo, and that of her mother, his mistress - this emotive tale takes us to the heart of a young girl's attempts to come to terms with her own identity and fashion a future for herself from the patchwork of the life she was born into. Beautifully constructed, warm and wise, this is a vel that will transport the reader to a world in which we can all become more of the sum of our parts.
- Author BiographyEllen Banda-Aaku is a Zambian born in the UK who has lived, studied and worked in Ghana, South Africa, the UK and Zambia. She has published three books for children and her short stories have appeared in anthologies published in Australia, South Africa and the US. In 2004 she won the Macmillan Writers' Prize for Africa for Wandi's Little Voice, a book for children. In 2007, her short story, Sozi's Box was the overall winner of the 2007 Commonwealth Short Story Competition. Ellen has three university degrees and currently lives in the UK with her two children.
- Author(s)Ellen Mulenga Banda-Aaku
- PublisherPenguin Books (SA) (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number172
- Place of PublicationParklands
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintThe Penguin Group (SA) (Pty) Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/12/2015
- Weight215 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.