All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a complete course in the art of drum programming and the concepts and techlogies behind it. It takes the reader from the earliest steps in using a digital audio workstation, through the development of an individual sound signature, and on to the achievement of professional results. Designed to accommodate users of any major drum programming application, it explores: the history of rhythm programming, digital audio workstations and how to use them, one-shot MIDI programming, samplers, romplers, advanced timing for swing and beat-mapping, loops and audio, creating drum sounds by subtractive synthesis, and production and FX. It culminates with detailed guidance on the creation of drum tracks for specific musical styles, ranging from pop and rock to jazz, reggae, drum 'n' bass, and glitch. The course unfolds through extensive use of workstation screenshots and audio examples. Along the way, helpful tips and practical exercises keep students motivated and engaged.
- Author BiographyDR. JUSTIN PATERSON (Thames Ditton, Surrey, England) is a drummer, record producer, and teacher of drumming and music technology. He worked as a session drummer for many years before turning to programming, sound design, and production. Since 2004, he has worked at the London College of Music, part of the University of West London, where he leads the MA course in Advanced Music Technology. He has published numerous research papers and given master class on drum programming for the Audio Engineering Society in the UK. He has also been involved in software development.
- Author(s)Justin Paterson
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleHandbook Series
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Weight1338 g
- Width241 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.