All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRon Strickland had a dream of showcasing the best hiking of the Rockies, Purcells, Okagan, Cascades, Olympics, and Wilderness Coast. He spent years raising funds, recruiting volunteers, cutting brush, digging dirt, and lobbying landowners, officials, and politicians ? and in 2009, the twelve-hundred-mile Pacific Northwest Trail was declared a National Scenic Trail. In his adventurous and moving memoir, Strickland shares his insider view of conceiving and establishing the trail, detailing the setbacks and triumphs along the way. He intersperses colorful portraits of memorable characters he encountered and lush descriptions of hikes along the trail. Pathfinder offers the rich insights and experiences of a longtime hiker, inspiring readers to the wonder of hiking and the outdoors.
- Author BiographyRon Strickland is the founder and past executive director of the Pacific Northwest Trail Association. He is the author of The Pacific Northwest Trail Guide, River Pigs and Cayuse: Oral Histories form the Pacific Northwest, and Whistlepunks and Geoducks: Oral Histories form the Pacific Northwest.
- Author(s)Ron Strickland
- PublisherOregon State University
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCorvallis, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOregon State University
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.