All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecause of the progress in diagstic transplantation pathology, interpretation of transplant biopsies is increasingly becoming an attractive field for general surgical pathologists. The book focuses on the pathology of transplantation in the following organs: kidney, liver, lungs, heart, pancreas and small intestine. An introductory section addresses common entities that may complicate all transplant recipients such as infections, post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease and graft versus host disease, followed by 6 sections with detailed manifestations of rejection in each organ. This comprehensive, well-illustrated book serves the needs and meets the requirements of pathologists in training and those practicing in centers with limited volume of transplant biopsies in daily practice.
- Author BiographyHelen Liapis is Professor of Pathology and Immunology and Professor of Nephrology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, USA. She is an internationally acclaimed expert in kidney disease and transplantation, and is currently a member of the editorial boards of Pathology Research International and the International Journal of Urology and Nephrology and regular reviewer of numerous Nephrology and Pathology journals. Dr. Liapis is the author of > 100 journal articles in the field, as well as a co-author in Heptinstall's Pathology of the Kidney, an atlas of renal pathology and editor or author in other renal pathology books. Hanlin Wang is Director of Gastrointestinal Pathology in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, USA. He is the recipient of a number of awards and the author of more than 90 peer-reviewed scientific papers and numerous invited reviews and book chapters. Dr. Wang serves the editorial boards for several medical journals and is a reviewer for numerous scientific journals and grant agencies. His research interests include liver and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Author(s)Hanlin Wang,Helen Liapis,Jon H. Ritter
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1179 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.