All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPackage includes the classic textbook Pathophysiology of Disease, Seventh Edition and the companion flashcard set Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Seventh Edition by Gary D. Hammer and Stephen J. McPhee. The goal of this trusted text is to introduce you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of the symptoms and signs of 120 diseases commonly encountered in medical practice. The authors, who are all experts in their respective fields, have provided a concise review of relevant rmal structure and function of each body system, followed by a description of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie several common diseases related to that system. Each chapter of Pathophysiology of Disease concludes with a collection of case studies with relevant questions that are designed to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed. These 120 case studies allow you to apply your kwledge to specific clinical situations. The final chapter of the book is devoted to detailed answers to the questions raised by each case. The set also includes...Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine Flashcards by Gary D. Hammer and Stephen J. McPhee. These flashcards provide a case-based introduction to pathophysiology and offer a fun, fast way to test your kwledge of more than 100 disease signs and symptoms most often encountered in clinical practice. Each of the 120 cards include a case with open-ended questions on one side, and bulleted answers and explanations on the flip side. Cases are based on content from the acclaimed Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Seventh Edition.
- Author BiographyGary D. Hammer, MD, PhD (Ann Arbor, MI) Millie Schembechler Professor of Adrenal Cancer, University of Michigan; Director of Endocrine Oncology Program; Director of Center for Organogenesis Stephen J. McPhee, MD (San Francisco, CA) Professor of Medicine, Emeritus, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco.
- Author(s)Gary Hammer,Stephen J. McPhee
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Weight1526 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.