Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionOn the small campus of Lawrence University in upstate New York, a handful of students met for the first time in the fall of 1960. As that turbulent decade began to unfold, they came together encountering issues the young often face while away at college for the first time. Yet the artificial oasis afforded by Lawrence's campus temporarily sheltered them from the turmoil which the rest of the country was just then awakening to.
For two of these classmates the uncertainties of that first year became even more tenuous when age old religious and philosophical barriers surfaced for them. Their youthful incence had t prepared them for these obstacles as they struggled to free themselves from the chains their backgrounds had unkwingly imposed upon them.
Together this small group of new friends eagerly set out anticipating college days would guide them in the transition from student life to the adult world that lay ahead. However, their freshman year was t time eugh to complete those changes and when it was over that evolution remained unfinished.
Then without warning the protective walls of campus life came down, as some of the butterflies impatiently flew from the safety of Lawrence's cocoon. Friendships soon were to be tested by a separation of space and time that would challenge the bonds shaped that first year.
It was more than just coming of age during a freshman year, or even the passage through four years of college life. These few friends held lasting feelings for each other that embraced romance, traced with times of regret ... joy, tempered by devastating sorrow ....beliefs, challenged in ways that made them stronger.
Swept into the world of the sixties their paths were t always the same ones set out on when they arrived at Lawrence in the fall of 1960. Still, even with destinations t at all times clearly in sight, their paths remained close eugh for their spirits to touch each other in countless ways.
- Author(s)Phil D'Avanzo
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight594 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.