All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudy of the Bible can be enlivened by understanding the historical and cultural context of the text, and delving more deeply into the original language. In this book, Elsbeth Weymann, an expert in Greek and Hebrew, has selected biblical passages which take the reader through the festivals of the year -- from Advent and Easter to Pentecost and Michaelmas. Each passage has a fresh translation and in-depth commentary. For instance, in the story of Pentecost, she highlights the use of the unusual feminine form of the word 'spirit', which points to a feminine aspect of the Holy Spirit. Weymann's study of specific words and grammar also shows how the living presence of the Old Testament is evident in the New Testament. This book is for anyone looking for deeper meaning in the Bible.
- Author BiographyElsbeth Weymann was born in Kiel, Germany in 1942. She studied Ancient Greek and Hebrew in Freiburg, Athens and Munich. For twenty-five years she taught at Waldorf schools in Munich and Stuttgart, as well as lecturing in New Testament Greek at The Christian Community priest seminaries in Hamburg and Stuttgart. She lives in Berlin. Luke Barr is a priest of The Christian Community in Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Elsbeth Weymann
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight291 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byLuke Barr
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.