All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Richard Rahe, a psychiatrist with extensive experience working with returning prisoners-of-war from Vietnam and a former member of the UN Special Task Force for Bosnian war crime victims, is exceptionally qualified as a stress reduction and coping expert. His informative book, Paths to Health and Resilience, is a boon for all adults wishing to minimize their levels of stress, learn to cope more effectively with those anxieties from events both past and present, and take charge of their overall well-being, thus maximizing the possibilities for a healthier and more resilient future. By identifying our primary stress indicators and understanding our coping ?how we respond to stress and the support systems we have established to help us during difficult times?we can finally assess t only the relationship between our personal levels of stress and coping, but learn the steps that take us onto that path toward improved health and well-being.
- Author BiographyRichard H. Rahe, M.D. is a graduate of Princeton University and the University of Washington School of Medicine. With his specialties in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry, the author worked with returning prisoners-of-war from Vietnam and served as a member of the United Nations Special Task Force for Bosnian war crime victims. Completing a twenty-year Navy career, he went on to become a Research Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Nevada/Reno School of Medicine. Following University retirement, the author joined Veterans Affairs to medically treat service men and women returning from Afghanistan and Iran who struggle with combat stress. Dr. Rahe is a past president of the American Psychosomatic Society and a recipient of the Hans Selye Research Award, bestowed by the American Institute of Stress.
- Author(s)Richard H Rahe
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.