All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWith step-by-step instructions for over forty ways to pray, this valuable guide contains a wealth of timeless spiritual prayer practices that Christians have used over the last 2000 years from cultures around the world. Among the prayer practices you'll encounter in this book are the daily office, the prayer shawl, praying with icons, centering prayer, fasting, prayer beads, walking a labyrinth, pilgrimage, ainting for healing, and praying the scriptures. Paths to Prayer offers a whole-person approach to prayer that takes into account each person's individuality and doesn't assume we all relate to God in the same way. A prayer styles self-assessment will help you reflect on your life, your preferences, and your unique way of interacting with the world. Try new dimensions of praying- invative, searching, relational, and experiential- to deepen your encounter with the divine.
- Author BiographyPatricia D. Brown, ph.D., founder and director of Spiritworks Inc., is an ordained United Methodist minister, pastoral theo-logian, and associate professor of educational ministries and Christian formation in the School of Theology at Seattle Pacific University. She frequently conducts retreats, workshops, and seminars, speaks at major conferences nationwide, and is the author of nine books.
- Author(s)Patricia D. Brown
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2003
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight509 g
- Width185 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.