All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionPathways is a dual skills course that can be taught in parallel or as individual strands - Reading and Writing, and Listening and Speaking - and topics and language complement and mirror each other. Students benefit from a targeted skills syllabus where they can really develop, t just practice, the skills they will need for effective use of language. Pathways particularly lends itself to academic learners of English, with the topics and language input texts taken from a more academic context. In addition, the strong critical thinking element present in both strands encourages and stimulates the 'higher order' thinking skills and the students' ability to evaluate, analyse, and synthesise information from a wide range of sources. Meaningful and authentic content from National Geographic stimulates creates the perfect environment for this and stimulates learners' curiosity and participation.
- Author BiographyMari Vargo is an experienced writer, editor, and educational consultant based in San Francisco. She has written and developed a wide variety of print, online and multimedia products, for primary and secondary school, community college, adult school, and university students. Laurie Blass is a writer and editor specializing in print and digital English Language Teaching materials. She has an M.A. in Linguistics and a TESL certificate from the University of Pittsburgh and has taught ESL in the United States and France. She is the author/co-author of over 40 ELT titles representing a wide range of audiences, from adult education to English for academic purposes.
- Author(s)Laurie Blass,Mari Vargo
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle-Cengage ELT
- Weight748 g
- Width218 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.