All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs someone approaches the end of their life, it is vitally important that they receive quality care and support, that their wishes are met, and that they are treated with dignity and respect. Pathways through Care at the End of Life is a comprehensive guide to providing excellent, person-centred end of life care. Following a pathway from initial conversations about end of life to care in the last days of life and after death, it covers assessing need and planning care, co-ordinating care between different agencies, and ensuring quality in different settings, such as at home, in a hospice, or in hospital. Good practice guidance on communication, ensuring the person's needs are met, support for their family and how to facilitate a good death is given. Case studies illustrate real life practice, and questions throughout each chapter encourage reflective practice. This book will be essential reading for all those working with people at the end of life, such as nurses, social workers, GPs and home carers, as well as students in these fields.
- Author BiographyThe authors worked together on the National End of Life Care Programme (NEoLCP) team, the NHS programme set up to implement the UK Department of Health's End of Life Care Strategy, which ran between 2008 and 2013. Anita Hayes was Deputy Director, Claire Henry, Director, Margaret Holloway and Tes Smith were Social Care Leads and Katie Lindsay and Eleanor Sherwen worked as Project Managers. Margaret Holloway is also Professor of Social Work at the University of Hull, UK.
- PrizesCommended for British Medical Association Book of the Year 2014.
- Author(s)Anita Hayes,Claire Henry,Eleanor Sherwen,Katie Lindsey,Margaret Holloway,Tessa Lovatt Smith
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notefigures
- Weight326 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.