All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionF David Peat is one of the most interesting and invative thinkers around today. This book offers a rich, inquiring and highly readable journey from the creative buzz of his native Liverpool in the sixties to a Native American talking circle. He meets some of the most fascinating minds of twentieth-century science and culture: David Bohm, Roger Penrose, Bertrand Russell, Sir Michael Tippett, Antony Gormley and Anish Kapoor. He reflects on the elusive nature of quantum reality, the way language shapes our lives, the world of the Blackfoot and his life in a medieval Italian village. Ultimately, this is a meditation upon the power of those twin forces, purpose and accident, within all our lives.
- Author BiographyF. David Peat was born in Liverpool, has a PhD in theoretical physics, and is the author of twenty books as well as plays for radio and stage. He is deeply interested is the relationship between science, art, creativity and culture. In 1996 he moved from Canada to the medieval village of Pari in Tuscany where he opened the Pari Center for New Learning. His books include The Blackwinged Night: Creativity in Nature and Mind, From Certainty to Uncertainty: The Story of Science and Ideas in the Twentieth Century and Synchronicity: The Bridge between Matter and Mind.
- Author(s)F. David Peat
- PublisherPari Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationGrosseto
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintPari Publishing
- Content Note8 pages of Black and White photos
- Weight258 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.