All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPathways to Teacher Leadership investigates emerging patterns in the development and effectiveness of teacher leadership. What roles do teachers pursue as they seek to lead change in their schools? What pressures and challenges do emerging leaders face? How can principals and peers support effective teacher leadership?
Marya R. Levenson takes a broad view of teacher leadership, encompassing t only instructional leadership but also teachers' roles in organisational improvement at the school level and the emerging movement to give teachers a voice in district, state and federal policy. She looks closely at the particular demands on young teachers in mission-driven urban schools, as well as those in more traditional settings. Drawing on lively case studies of teacher leadership in different contexts, she examines the potentially sticky relationships between emerging leaders, principles, families and communities.
Pathways to Teacher Leadership provides a powerful counterpoint to current debates about teacher quality and shows how teachers can work together to make schools better.
- Author BiographyMarya R. Levenson is a professor of the practise in education and the Harry S. Levitan Director of Teacher Education at Brandeis University.
Ann Lieberman is a senior scholar at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Marya R. Levenson
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byAnn Lieberman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.