All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHospital staff and caregivers are regularly exposed to biomechanical overload risk, particularly at spine and shoulder level-a risk factor that will continue to rise with the progressive aging of the population. Patient Handling in the Healthcare Sector: A Guide for Risk Management with MAPO Methodology (Movement and Assistance of Hospital Patients) details the analysis of patient handling risk using the MAPO method in different areas of healthcare and helps you develop strategies to mitigate them. Focusing on the organization of work, this approach gives you the tools to: * Rapidly analyse the problem * Rapidly identify solutions * Effectively monitor the results of preventive actions One of the special features of this approach is that it employs tools that allow you to allocate financial resources to estimate what investments are needed to achieve specific results. This means taking the decision-making process out of the hands of ergomics experts and putting it into those of healthcare facility administrators.
- Author(s)Natale Battevi,Olga Menoni,Silvia Cairoli
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note78 black & white illustrations, 89 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.