All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $83.56
- AU $25.54Trending at AU $39.20
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $42.85
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.27
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.62
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.20
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.61
About this product
- DescriptionTaiwan is a rising global healthcare tiger, offering new choices in excellent, affordable healthcare to patients around the world. So much so that Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman has praised Taiwan's healthcare and national health insurance as among the best in the world. This new edition of Patients Beyond Borders: Taiwan is the first comprehensive, easy-to-understand guide to medical tourism in Taiwan. Whether you are seeking knee or hip replacement, cancer treatment, weight loss surgery, cosmetic procedures, or heart surgery, Patients Beyond Borders is the best way to become an informed health traveler and explore the services and savings of a medical trip to Taiwan. Chinese-speaking healthcare consumers everywhere will have access to concise information, checklists, dos and don'ts, and all the information they need to make safe, intelligent, cost-effective decisions about your healthcare in Taiwan. Also includes are profiles of Taiwan's top hospitals and clinics with up-to-date information on treatment specialties, accreditation, as well as The Medical Traveler's Essentials for Taiwan attractions, accommodations, and more.
- Author BiographyAs founder and CEO of Healthy Travel Media and author of Patients Beyond Borders, Josef Woodman has spent more than five years touring 150 medical facilities in 30 countries, researching international healthcare options. Cofounder of MyDailyHealth and Ventana Communications, Woodman's pioneering background in health, publishing, and web technology has allowed him to compile a wealth of information, knowledge and wisdom about international healthcare, telemedicine, and consumer-directed healthcare. Woodman has lectured at the UCLA School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, and Duke Fuqua School of Business, and has chaired and keynoted conferences on medical tourism and global healthcare in more than 14 countries. He has appeared in numerous print and broadcast media, including CNN, ABC News, Fox News, The New York Times, Barron's, The Wall Street Journal, and more. Woodman is an outspoken advocate of affordable, high-quality medical care for healthcare consumers worldwide.
- Author(s)Josef Woodman
- PublisherHealthy Travel Media
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- LanguageChinese & English
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealthy Travel Media
- Content NoteB&W illustrations, Maps, Charts, Tables, Screenshots
- Weight342 g
- Width187 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.