Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe host of a highly popular PBS series, Pati s Mexican Table, and a self-described overloaded soccer mom with three kids and a powerful blender, Pati Jinich has a mission. She s out to prove that Mexican home cooking is quicker and far easier than most Americans think. Her dishes are t blanketed with cheese, or heavy and fried, or based on complex sauces. Nor are they necessarily highly spicy. Surprising in their simplicity and freshness, they incorporate produce and grains. Most important, they fit perfectly into an everyday family cooking schedule and use just a handful of ingredients, most of which are already in your pantry. Many are homey specialties that Pati learned from her mother and grandmother, some are creative spins on classics, while others are t well kwn outside of Mexico. Dishes like Chicken a la Trash (it s delicious!), a one-pot meal that Pati gleaned from a Mexican restaurant cook; Mexican Meatballs with Mint and Chipotle; Sweet and Salty Salmon; and Mexican-Style Pasta can revitalize your daily repertoire. You ll find plenty of vegetarian fare, from Classic Avocado Soup, to Divorced Eggs (with red and green salsa), to Oaxaca-Style Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas. Your friends and family will enjoy Tomato and Mozzarella Salad with Pickled Ancho Chile Vinaigrette; Crab Cakes with Jalape Aioli; and Chicken Tinga (you can use rotisserie chicken), which makes a tasty filling for tortas and tostadas. Pati also shares exciting dishes for the holidays and other special occasions, including Mexican Thanksgiving Turkey with Chorizo, Pecan, Apple, and Corn Bread Stuffing; Spiral-Cut Beef Tenderloin; and Red Pozole ( a Mexican party in a bowl ), which she served on her wedding day. Desserts like Triple Orange Mexican Wedding Cookies, Scribble Cookies (sandwich cookies filled with chocolate), and little Apricot-Lime Glazed Mini Pound Cakes are sophisticated yet simple to make.
- Author BiographyPATI JINICH is the host of the popular PBS show Pati's Mexican Table going on its fifth season and resident chef of the Mexican Cultural Institute. She appears regularly on NPR, The Splendid Table, NBC s Today Show, ABC s The Chew, and CBS's The Talk. She hosts live programs for the Smithsonian Institution and has cooked at the White House for President Obama's Cinco de Mayo celebration. She lives in Chevy Chase, MD with her husband and three sons.
- Author(s)Pati Jinich
- PublisherRux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.