All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides an in-depth analysis of patristic hermeneutics for those who research, teach, or study the early church and the interpretation of Scripture. It focuses exclusively on Latin authors - such as Jerome, Augustine, and Gregory - whose writings contain substantial discussion of hermeneutics and who were kwn, read, and cited in the Middle Ages and beyond. In this collection of essays, leading international experts in the field identify key passages on patristic hermeneutical theory and demonstrate how the works of these authors have been fundamental for Latin traditions of biblical interpretation. Patristic Theories of Biblical Interpretation offers a selective yet comprehensive guide to a previously understudied area.
- Author BiographyTarmo Toom is a Professorial Lecturer at Georgetown University, Washington DC.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byTarmo Toom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.