Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Mary Cornwallis-West, who was called Patsy by her family and close friends. Beautiful, exciting, high class and Irish born, she married when she was sixteen and had a long affair with Queen Victoria's son, Edward, the Prince of Wales. Thirty years later, in 1915, a young shell-shocked soldier, Patrick Barrett, was transferred home to North Wales to convalesce, where he was to begin a passionate affair with Patsy. She used her influence to help Patrick find promotion within the army, but, as the casualties of war mounted up, the lurid detail of their relationship was used to shame Patsy and her War Office consorts before parliament and the press. Quoting from documents and letters of the period and using a velist's imaginative flair, Tim Coates has vividly reconstructed the life and dramatic times of one of the most beautiful society women of the Edwardian era.
- Author BiographyA former bookseller, Tim Coates is the editor and publisher of a series of historic papers from the archives of the British and American governments. This is his first book for Bloomsbury.
- Author(s)Tim Coates
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/09/2004
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.