All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with useful advice and practical instruction, Pattern Cutting for Kids' Clothes is the ultimate resource for anyone looking to design, adapt, or customize sewing patterns for kids' clothes. Cutting through and clarifying sewing jargon with its highly accessible instructions, the book addresses a wide range of considerations specific to children's clothing, taking into account key priorities such as comfort, functionality, durability, ease of care, and incorporating extra room for growth. Illustrated step-by-step instructions talk readers through a number of handy techniques for adding child-friendly elements to patterns, covering everything from easy fastenings to pockets, patches, elastic waistbands, linings, and everything else in between. Uniquely, the book also includes QR codes (readable from any Smartphone) that link directly to downloadable pattern templates, which readers can then customize however they wish. In contrast to the vast majority of project-based books on the subject, Pattern Cutting for Kids' Clothes places the emphasis on the practical techniques themselves, equipping readers with the necessary skills and kw-how to apply these to their own projects. Rather than being restricted to a limited number of clothing designs, readers are shown how to draw up their own patterns from scratch, enabling them to create a whole closet's worth of skirts, dresses, pants, shirts, and more; also included are a wealth of creative costume ideas for dressing up and parties. Pattern Cutting for Kids' Clothes also stands out from the crowd with its chapter on 'Taking it Further', which provides valuable advice for sewers on how to market and sell their own patterns, with inside hints and tips from contemporary practitioners.
- Author BiographyCarla Hegeman Crim is an expert seamstress and patternmaker, and the author behind popular sewing blog The Scientific Seamstress. In addition to marketing and selling her own line of downloadable children's clothing patterns via her blog, she also regularly collaborates with fabric designer Jennifer Paganelli on patterns for children and adults under the name of Sis Boom.
- Author(s)Carla Hegeman Crim
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note300 colour
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.