All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the world's best collections of period designs brought together as an invaluable resource for designers of all kinds, from fabric, textile, wallpaper, stained glass to graphic and fashion designers. This collection of over 500 designs covers wallpaper, textiles, furnishings, costume, tiles and ceramics. The designs range from medieval through renaissance and the 19th century right up to the 1970s; from classic French 17th-century wallpaper through William Morris pomegranate designs to 1950s children's wallpaper. The book is arranged by type of design and motifs - geometric, floral, abstract, figurative - to make it as accessible to designers as possible. A full index at the back helps readers find the right motif, style or pattern. Though the designs have a strong English flavour it has a healthy dose of the best European and Asian designs that have reached the unsurpassable National Trust collection.
- Author BiographySian Evans is a cultural historian and has written several books on design and art. She worked for the National Trust for several years and is now a full-time writer. Sian lives in London.
- Author(s)Sian Evans
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width220 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.