All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPattern Recognition by Self-Organizing Neural Networks presents the most recent advances in an area of research that is becoming vitally important in the fields of cognitive science, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, and neural networks in general. The 19 articles take up developments in competitive learning and computational maps, adaptive resonance theory, and specialized architectures and biological connections. Introductory survey articles provide a framework for understanding the many models involved in various approaches to studying neural networks. These are followed in Part 2 by articles that form the foundation for models of competitive learning and computational mapping, and recent articles by Kohonen, applying them to problems in speech recognition, and by Hecht-Nielsen, applying them to problems in designing adaptive lookup tables. Articles in Part 3 focus on adaptive resonance theory (ART) networks, selforganizing pattern recognition systems whose top-down template feedback signals guarantee their stable learning in response to arbitrary sequences of input patterns. In Part 4, articles describe embedding ART modules into larger architectures and provide experimental evidence from neurophysiology, event-related potentials, and psychology that support the prediction that ART mechanisms exist in the brain. Contributors: J.-P. Banquet, G.A. Carpenter, S. Grossberg, R. Hecht-Nielsen, T. Kohonen, B. Kosko, T.W. Ryan, N.A. Schmajuk, W. Singer, D. Stork, C. von der Malsburg, C.L. Winter.
- Author BiographyGail A. Carpenter is Professor of Mathematics and Cognitive and Neural Systems and Director of the CNS Technology Lab at Boston University. Stephen Grossberg is Professor of Mathematics, Psychology, and Biomedical Engineering and Director of the Center for Adaptive Systems at Boston University.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/1991
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBradford Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width184 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byGail A. Carpenter,Stephen Grossberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.