All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith hundreds of step-by-step illustrated instructions and a user-friendly, stay-flat format, Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics provides emerging fashion designers with comprehensive information on how to draft patterns for popular cut-and-sew stretch knit fabrics such as jersey and knits with spandex. After covering thebasics of knits and techniques for gauging stretch capacity, Julie Cole introduces a unique, simplified approach to drafting slopers using hip and top foundations. She then provides information on converting, drafting, grading, and reducing patterns for proper fit in four categories of stretch. The book proceeds to drafting slopers and patterns for tops, dresses, jackets, sweaters, cardigans, skirts, pants, lingerie, swimwear, and activewear.Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics is ideal for students with basic or intermediate design, patternmaking, and sewing skills for any course in which students design and draft patterns for knits; or courses that incorporate both knits and woven fabrics.Features- Accurate and simplified system for patternmaking with stretch knit fabrics with easier to follow approach than other booksEach chapter includes- Key terms- Highly-illustrated step-by-step instructions- Three types of boxes: 'Important, ' 'Pattern Tip, ' and 'Stitching Tip' - End of chapter features 'Knit it Together' checklist, 'Stop! What Do I Do If...' troubleshooting tips, and 'Self Critique' review- More than 900 technical drawings with color accents and 100 photographs of sewn samples on the dress formPatternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabric STUDIO- Study smarter with self-quizzes featuring scored results and personalized study tips- Review concepts with flashcards of terms and definitions - Access downloadable files for half-size top and hip foundations, and slopers found in the bookTeaching Resources- Instructor's Guide and Test Bank includes sample syllabi, suggested projects, test questions, and evaluation guidesThis bundle includes Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics and Patternmaking with Stretch Knit Fabrics STUDIO Access Card.
- Author BiographyJulie Cole has taught fashion design courses at Harper College, International Academy of Design and Technology, and Mount Mary College, USA.
- Author(s)Julie Cole
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1402 g
- Width257 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.