All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatterns, Costumes and Stencils is a reflection of the diverse peoples, cultures and traditions that have influenced Chant Avedissian's work, from the colourful textiles of Rajasthan and the glazed bricks of Samarkand to Egyptian magazine covers from the 1960s. This unique collection of Chant Avedissian's artwork leads us on a journey that crosses boundaries of all kinds: geographical, cultural and temporal. Here is an artist who continues to provoke through his icoclastic images, probing ideas of consumerism, art and propaganda, creativity and copyright, tradition and modernity. It offers a fascinating insight into repetition and difference, in life and in art.
- Author BiographyChant Avedissian was born in Cairo. His work is part of the public collection at the British Museum, the British Council (Cairo), the Smithsonian Institution, the Tropenmuseum (Amsterdam), the National Museum of Scotland and the National Gallery of Jordan. Publications about his work include Cairo Stencils (Saqi).
- Author(s)Chant Avedissian
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication13/01/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Content Note93 colour, 9 black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.