Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe focus is on German drama in this multi-faceted view of developments on the European stage over three centuries. Scholars from Great Britain, Germany and the United States examine changes wrought in the art of drama by dramatists, by actors and stage designers, and by shifting patterns of thought and power-structures. The timespan extends from Moliere and Lessing, giants of the theatrical tradition, to such latter-day icoclasts as Beckett, Handke and Achternbusch. The book is a tribute to Ronald Peacock, distinguished British Germanist and Comparatist.
- Author BiographyThe Contributors: M. Butler, R. Harrison, M. Jacobs, E.A. Blackall, H. Reiss, F. Sengle, E. McInnes, D. James, L. Luetkehaus, L.R. Furst, I.-S. Ewbank, R. Furness, J. Osborne, W.E. Yates, I. Frowen, P. Howe, N.A. Furness, R. Gray, K. Muir, D. Jenkinson, J. Schroeder, W.G. Sebald, +C. Stewart
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1990
- Series TitleStudies in European Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight540 g
- Edited byDorothy James,Silvia Ranawake
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.