All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn September 1944 Hitler ordered an attack on Gen. George Patton's Third Army, which was deep inside France making for the Rhine and threatening the German industrial heartland beyond. The ensuing battle near Arracourt--the U.S. Army's largest tank-versus-tank clash until the Bulge--went badly for the Germans, who committed their armor piecemeal and whose offensive was shattered in a series of intense, close-range tank duels with the Americans. Armor expert Steven Zaloga deftly reconstructs the battle and shows how American Sherman tanks bested superior German Panthers.
- Author BiographySteven Zaloga, an internationally recognized military historian, has written numerous books on the vehicles and campaigns of World War II, including Armored Champion (978-0-8117-1437-2), Armored Thunderbolt (978-0-8117-0424-3), Armored Attack 1944 (978-0-8117-0769-5), Armored Victory 1945 (978-0-8117-0771-8), and The Devil's Garden (978-0-8117-1228-6). He has appeared in programs on PBS and The Military Channel. He lives near Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)Steven Zaloga
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note200 black & white halftones, 10 maps
- Weight917 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.