All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDouglas Harink's Paul Among the Postliberals sheds new light on Paul's letters by creating links between contemporary scholarship and the writings of theologians such as Stanley Hauerwas and John Howard Yoder. Harink argues that Paul's central doctrine of justification by faith has been widely misunderstood; he emphasizes instead that the goal of the gospel is to free Christians for faithful action. Reading Paul in dialogue with Yoder and Hauerwas, Harink outlines the political ramifications of Paul's writings, calling the church to embrace, rather than avoid, the political realm. Finally, drawing on the Pauline doctrine of God's election of Israel, Paul Among the Postliberals addresses the need for a Christian theology of Israel and Judaism. Pastors, teachers, students, and anyone seeking a more thorough understanding of Paul's letters will take a keen interest in Paul Among the Postliberals.
- Author BiographyDOUGLAS K. HARINK is associate professor of theology at The King's University College in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada).
- Author(s)Douglas Harink
- PublisherWipf & Stock Publishers
- Date of Publication14/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWipf & Stock Publishers
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.