All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1905, Paul Harris started a movement that today is one of the world's premiere service organizations. His creation, Rotary International has quite literally touched the lives of hundreds of millions of people in its global quest to make a difference. Yet few people, both inside and outside of Rotary kw much about Paul Harris or how his ground-breaking club developed. This number includes a majority of current Rotarians who have little kwledge or understanding about the man who started it all. For over a century, the relevant facts about his life and motivations have been clouded by myths and misconceptions. Now, with the discovery of hundreds of never before published letters, documents and exclusive archival sources, a better comprehension of the man and his times has emerged. This latest material gives new insight to who Paul Harris was. It provides answers to questions like: How did his early life in rural Wallingford, Vermont help forge his thoughts about Rotary? What role did his parents and grandparents play in developing his later actions? What happened during his college years that affected him for the rest of his life? Who were the men and women that influenced his ideals? When did Rotary and Paul Harris change directions and become more humanitarian? This book offers an in-depth look at how Paul Harris and early Rotary came into existence. It's the story of one man's struggle to find his inner self and how his philosophy changed the world.
- Author BiographyFred A Carvin joined the Rotary Club of Glens Falls, New York in 1988 where he still is a current member. He served as club president in 1997-1998 and as District Governor from 2002-2003 for District 7190. Over the years he has participated in dozens of Rotary activities including the Empire PETS, Zone 31-32 coordinator of the Open World Program, and Regional Vice-Chair for the Rotary Leadership Institute. He has been committed to promoting the Rotary Foundation and membership issues, serving on several different committees and in many leadership positions. Over the years, he had attended uncounted, local, district and international meetings, conferences and conventions. A retired financial advisor of over twenty years, he has always had an interest in the history of Rotary, both locally and worldwide. As an amateur historian he has authored The Diamond in the Rough- 75 Years of History of the Glens Falls Rotary Club, Capital Region Rotary- A History of Rotary International in District 7190 and Diamond in the Rough- A New Facet. He is the father of two grown sons, and lives in Queensbury, New York with his wife Judy.
- Author(s)Fred A Carvin
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1007 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.