All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Strand: Sixty Years of Photographs , the long-unavailable Aperture classic, is one of the most comprehensive surveys of the power and force of a major photographic figure of our time. Before his death in 1976 at the age of eighty-five, Strand combed his photographic prints and his many books with an eye to the completion of this volume. Seen here is the summation of a lifework, from the first abstract photographs to the series of plant photographs taken in the last years of his life. Also included is a rarely examined series of films, brilliant, unprecedented documentaries that foreshadowed Italian neo-realism and the new cinema of the post-war years. The re-release of this volume, which features the famous biographical profile by Calvin Tomkins and excerpts from Strands correspondence, interviews, and other documents, makes one of photographys major artists newly accessible.
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleAperture Monograph S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1160 g
- Width240 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byCalvin Tomkins
- Photographs byPaul Strand
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.