All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is William Kluback's sixth volume on Paul Valery. As Kluback moved from one volume to ather, he realized how Valery mastered the human mind; how he saw in it man's most distinguished power. In face of the Gulags and the Holocaust, of mass murder, and universal deception, Valery maintained his faith in rationality. In this faith of reason, he found the strength to continue his work. We study him because we believe that rationality is our guide and protector.
- Author BiographyThe Author: William Kluback is Professor Emeritus at the City University of New York. Besides Valery, he has published books on Cioran, Fondane, Ionesco, Senghor, and his Jerusalem teacher Samuel Hugo Bergman. William Kluback received his doctorate from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He often writes for the magazine Midstream on subjects related to art. Previous volumes on Valery include Paul Valery: Philosophical Reflections (Lang, 1987); Paul Valery: The Search for Intelligence (Lang, 1993); Paul Valery: Illusions of Civilization (Lang, 1996); Paul Valery: The Continuous Search for Reality (Lang, 1997) and Paul Valery: The Realms of the Analecta (Lang, 1998).
- Author(s)William Kluback
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.