All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a critique of Freire's thinking, the influence of his work and ways in which his theories may be developed into the future. This is a critical exploration of the genealogy of Freire's thinking and the way in which Freire's work has influenced philosophical and political movements, offering an analysis of how Freire's work might be developed for the future. Irwin explores Freire's philosophy of education, which balanced traditional ethical and spiritual concerns with contemporary ideas and drew upon Christian and Hegelian Marxist thought and insights from existentialism and psychoanalysis. The impact of Freire's work and legacies are considered, drawing on his emphasis on the need for praxis to bring about real and progressive change. This essential guide to Freire's work and legacy will prove invaluable for postgraduate students looking at educational theory and the philosophy of education. It will also be of interest to postgraduate students looking at cultural and political theory.
- Author BiographyJones Irwin is Lecturer in Philosophy and Human Development in the Education Department at St Patrick's College, Dublin City University, Ireland.
- Author(s)Jones Irwin
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.