All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionPaul's Sexual and Marital Ethics in 1 Corinthians 7: An African-Cameroonian Perspective provides readers with an invative interpretation of Paul's pastoral and pedagogical approach and solutions to the multifaceted ethical problems presented to him by the Corinthian community, revealing a wide-ranging, complex, and flexible decision-making process. Alice Yafeh's analysis also illuminates two different evaluations of the same ethical problem may be simultaneously relevant where operating assumptions diverge: first as a community in pursuance of the goal of undistracted devotion to the Lord, and, second, as individual members who must pursue that goal within the specific lifestyles in which they have been called. The author argues that Paul's pastoral and theological approach, which is deeply motivated by a desire to inspire faithful Christian living and witness, can serve as a new model for evaluating pre-conversion polygyny; a model that is oriented toward positive and substantive change in the lives of women and children. Consequently, the implication of Paul's approach and judgments for contemporary Christian communities suggests the same believing community may adopt different ways of faithfully living out the practical implications of Christian view of marriage extended by Paul in 1 Corinthians 7.
- Author BiographyAlice Yafeh received her PhD in Biblical studies from the Princeton Theological Seminary. Dr. Yafeh is currently Associate Professor in the Department of Biblical Studies at Azusa Pacific University. She is also the author of The Liberative Power of Silent Agency: Reading Mary (Luke 10:38-42) through the Eyes of Cameroonian Rural Women in Postcolonial Perspectives in African Biblical Interpretations, edited by Musa Dube, Andrew Mbuvi, and Dora Mbuwayesango.
- Author(s)Alice Yafeh
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleBible and Theology in Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.