All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionPawmics by Stephen Krupnik tells the rich and torious history of the pawn broking industry and sheds new light on this venerable and still relevant financial institution. Five thousand years of history, much of it shrouded in misinformation, have supported the claim that the pawn broking industry is the second oldest profession. Krupnik explores common myths and misconceptions about pawn broking and explains in lay-terms the innermost workings and machinery of the industry, so that readers can appreciate its complexity and its value. He also delves into the sometimes-deserved dark reputation of pawn broking, speculating on how the business of usury can sometimes be its own worst enemy. Told from an insider's perspective, Pawmics busts old ideas and builds new bridges of understanding for this much maligned and misunderstood tradition. Through masterful prose and a dash of humor, Stephen Krupnik has written a book that will both educate and entertain.
- Author BiographyStephen Krupnik has been a pawnbroker for over thirty years. He founded the Indiana Pawnbrokers Association and is a past president. He is a former board member of the National Pawnbrokers Association and in addition to numerous governmental affairs awards, he was presented the Association's coveted Pawnbroker of the Year award in 1999. He currently resides with his family in South Bend, Indiana, and is a business coach and consultant to various industries, including the pawn broking industry.
- Author(s)Stephen Krupnik
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.