Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionJorg Schafer investigates the influence of family firm specific decision rationales based on socioemotional wealth on vertical and horizontal pay ranges in family firms. Building on a primary data set of over 200 family firms in Germany and applying multiple regression analysis techniques, as well as, the firm conceptual foundation in family firm and compensation theory, the presented study provides answers regarding antecedents of pay variation, and the factors that drive different family firms to pursue and implement specific pay structures and pay variations. Furthermore, the dissertation contributes to the current research discussions, by partially validating the FIBER scale, proving the heterogeneity of family firms and adding robustness to methodology and range measures in the compensation context.
- Author BiographyDr. Jorg Schafer wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Andreas Hack at the Witten Institute for Family Business (WIFU) at Witten/Herdecke University.
- Author(s)Jorg Schafer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/08/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleFamilienunternehmen und KMU
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight283 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.